Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Best-friend Friday

This is the second installment of my "Best-Friend Friday" themed blog. Yes, this blog is supposed to be on Fridays, but this week I am behind on schedule.
Just a brief overview for the theme of this blog if you are a first time reader. Every Friday I will post a blog themed around a different reason everyone should own a dog. This week our reason is the adventure that comes with having a dog as your best-friend.

I have had many adventures with Zeplin. He is the reason that I found hiking, but that is not the only type of adventure he has brought me. We have had scares that took us to the emergency vet, played in the snow on a frozen lake, and camped in many different places. Our most memorable adventure is one where we spent two days hiking and camping at Turkey Run State Park. All of these things I would not have done if I didn't have him.
Other than those types of adventures having a dog as your best-friend requires a person to get outside and walk or play. Many people spend too much time indoors without getting exercise. The statistics on exercise by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services shows how little physical activity Americans get. Dogs need physical activity to stay healthy and having one requires you to get physical activity by walking them.
With the weather getting better, Zeplin is ready to go on many more adventures. It is always nice to have a workout companion and a dog is good choice.
As the summer coming fast I ask you to think about adding a dog to your list of best-friends. It will be a decision you won't regret.
To continue with my promise in my first blog, this weeks adoption website is one close to home. Heartland Small Animal Rescue is a group located in South Bend, Indiana. They have all kinds of animals available for adoption. Also, they rescue dogs and cats from shelters that euthanize once they are over populated. If you are thinking about adopting a pet please contact them.
Feel free to continue a conversation or ask any questions in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment