Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Best-Friend Friday

Welcome back to my weekly theme day blog post! For the newcomers, this blog is the third segment of my weekly theme day blog post "Best-Friend Friday." In these posts I will choose a different reason of why everyone should have a dog as their best-friend.

This weeks reason is that having a dog changes lives. Many people talk about how getting a dog has changed their lives for the better. Here, for example, the author of “How My Dog Saved Me From Myself” summarizes a book that was written about a woman who had a significant change to her life after adopting a puppy.

Dogs add responsibility to a persons life. If you haven't had a dependent before having a dog as your best-friend can be a great first dependent. You have to nurture and train them if you get them as a puppy. Dog best-friends force you to stick to a schedule of walking and training. Keeping you occupied when you are bored. Changing your values and views on life.

Not only does a dog change you, but more importantly you change the dogs life. The famous quote for an unknown author, "To you a dog is only part of your world, but to your dog you are their world." This quote hits hard with me. Even though it may be a made up quote, it makes sense. For those of you that already have a dog I challenge you to create a better life for your furry friend. I found a list of ways to "Make Your Dog's Life Better," please use this list. Our dogs love us and they deserve a happy life.

I want to finish this theme day with an explanation of how Zeplin has changed my life. He taught me that I am not the center of the universe. Also, he showed me how to become an adult. Before him I had no responsibility. I stayed out late, drank, and wouldn't sleep before work. Now I have a reason to go home and not drink because I have to drive home to take care of him. I relax with him on work nights instead of hang out with friends. He taught me that I am much more than what I thought I was. For that I will always be grateful.
Photo of Zeplin teaching is puppy friend how to sit.

Thank you for reading feel free to post comments and questions. Also, I did not forget about the adoption site of the week. This weeks adoption site is less of an adoption site, but more of a site for adopting and changing lives. Here is The 360 Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment